Our website uses cookies to enhance the visitor experience (what's a cookieCookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. They are mainly used as a way of improving the website functionalities or to provide more advanced statistical data.). Are you happy for us to use cookies during your visits?
Please note: continuing without making a choice equates to giving us your consent, which you can withdraw at any time via our cookies policy page.

Call us on 0208 904 2213

CIS Construction Workers

Emerald Tax Refunds are specialists in completing Tax Returns for CIS construction workers.
We have been in operation for over 15 years providing a nationwide service and have the experience and expertise to obtain maximum tax refunds you are entitled to.
We secured an average refund during 2012 of £2,105 per person which is one of the highest averages obtained for CIS workers.
For CIS sub contractors, we offer a fixed fee of only £195 per tax year. This amount includes VAT, so the maximum you pay is £195.
If on a rare occasion, the refund you receive is less than £195, we are happy to offer a reduced fee.

Please remember there are no upfront fees as we take these from the refunds received from HMRC

Your chances of getting a refund are extremely high

In 2012 we were able to secure refunds for 97% of our CIS clients

To make sure you get that refund, however, it is important to keep all records from your contractors showing your income and the tax that has been paid to HMRC along with receipts for any expenses incurred due to your work.

Our process is a relatively simple 6 stage one

We offer a friendly and professional service which will normally follow this process:

1) Initial Call

  • Firstly, we talk to you on the phone or correspond online to assess your potential claim
  • We will advise on which records or documentation may be needed to commence the claim
  • We will also ascertain how many years you can claim for

2) Authorisation Form

  • If you want us to claim for you, we will need to verify your ID
  • We then send you 64 - 8 form in the post, or by email. You could also download the form here
  • This authorises us to act as your tax agent.
  • The sooner you send this back together with the requested documents, the sooner you will receive your refund

3) Calculating Your Refund

  • From the records you have sent us and from our conversations, we will be able to calculate the refund you are due for each year there is valid claim

4) Completing the Paperwork

  • We will then be able to prepare all the necessary paperwork to support your claims and forward them to you to review, approve and return to us.

5) Submitting your Tax Return

  • When we receive all the signed documentation back from you, we will then submit your Tax Return online to HM Revenue and Customs together with a request for your tax refund
  • HM Revenue and Customs will then review the claim

6) Refund Payments

  • Within about 4 weeks after the online submission, HMRC will pay the refund to us by bank transfer to our secure clients account.
  • We will then forward the funds, less our fees, immediately to you, either by cheque or to your bank account in accordance with your preferences

Other than the provision of the initial documentation, we will ensure that you are inconvenienced as least as possible throughout the whole process.

However, for those who are quite happy to be more fully involved, there is a document pack you can download and complete at your own pace before you submit it to us.

Information you need to provide

In order for us to complete your Self - assessment Tax Return and get you the tax refund you are entitled to, you will have to provide all of your income and tax details from your contractors in each tax year along with receipts for any expenses incurred by you plus details of your business mileage.

You will also need to provide us with Information from any employment under PAYE and any other additional income that you have, such as job seekers allowance or income from a property you may be renting out or income from any investments you may have or bank interest you receive.

The most common expenses for a CIS workers are: -

  • Travel costs - Own vehicle - this could be for, either actual fuel and other vehicle running costs or it may be more beneficial to you to have the claim based on the actual business mileage you do. We will advise you on the best course to maximise your refund.
  • Travel costs - Public transport
  • Parking and toll fees
  • Accommodation / subsistence (food and refreshments) for when you stay away from home
  • Tools and Equipment
  • Protective clothing
  • Phone
  • Training costs
  • Public liability insurance
  • Use of home as office
  • Bank charges
  • Accountancy costs
  • Interest charges
  • Laundry
  • Any other expense

Contact us Now to Start Your Claim

Next Step:

Please contact us if you need further advice, have any questions about our services, would like a fixed fee quote.